Menhdi

Saturday, June 25, 2011

This summer has been filled with events after events. (Seems like everyone is getting married!)  And one of the event was a Menhdi.  Menhdi is an application of henna in temporary form of skin decoration in India as well as one of the biggest celebration ritual for the bride before the big day.  If you've been following my blog, you probably noticed I've been covering the events of this bride's journey of marriage and every event was simply amazing.  (Sabeen you have impeccable taste and style!)  This menhdi too was filled with so many elements you will never find it elsewhere.  From intricate decors in space and on skin (henna) to extraordinary dance performances by both sides of the families.  (I'm not being bias here but Sabeen's family, especially the performance by the "General 5" was THE BEST!!)  The food was delicious, all the colors of sari and decoration made me to believe that I was in some Bollywood film.  I attended as a guest this time but I wouldn't want these photos to just sit in my folder.  So here are some shots I love.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Rowa!! these pictures are beyond amazing as always! and thanks for the shout out =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Studio R All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger